E-commerce and SEO
SEO is much discussed these days in order for websites to raise their traffic and of course targeting to reach out to more potential customers. In fact, for a long time people thought it’s only e-commerce sites which can profit from Search Engine Optimization and other online marketing tools, such as Pay per Click, email marketing video commerce and others. Of course this is just a myth: every business can profit from optimized search engine content, not to mention the other services one needs to invest a little bit more, for them to come true. But this time let’s see how to apply successful SEO service and marketing approach for E-commerce businesses.
For those not being sure what e-commerce means, it basically means a website that has the tools and extra functionalities for instantly being able to sell things straight from their website. Most e-commerce websites today offer lots of different types of payment, but from business point of which the most important aspect to e-commerce is direct selling straight from one website. This means a direct closure that’s a very important aspect in SEO to track and analyze.
So, how can we apply the SEO basics on an ecommerce website? First of all, for sure you will have an easier job with the keywords because those are set – according to the goods you are selling. However quality content is still the same important along with the outlook and the professional photos of all the goods offered by your website.
Most e-commerce websites today offer lots of different types of payment, but from business point of which the most important aspect to e-commerce is direct selling straight from one website. This means a direct closure that’s a very important aspect in SEO to track and analyze.
Ecommerce is a hard business, because there is simply nothing that’s not sold on a million other websites all around the internet.
So let’s see what tricks you can do to almost instantly improve your business positioning and SEO:
- Don’t stay away from the biggest e-commerce sites. Sell your products on eBay and Amazon with links to your further products.
- Lots of ecommerce companies have their virtual shop set up on the big sites and this helps them a big deal in terms of relevance and exposure.
- Use the new Google Shopping website, which is just becoming extremely popular as a place to advertise and some of you who know already one thing or more know exactly why: you got it, because it’s on Google! Which means by doing well placed campaigns you can easily have your products highlighted in Google Search?
- No matter where you are advertising make sure to include at least one high quality photo of your product which will show the product clearly, with most details revealed.
- Invite people to give you reviews! This is important as it raises the star rating. And if the reviews are not too good, then it’s on you to find out why exactly is that.
Ecommerce and social media:
Social media is a literal goldmine for ecommerce sites, there are just so many possibilities for ordering and finishing transactions on your website. If you pair up your presence with Facebook paid ad options and make sure your company shows up on laptop and on mobile devices while browsing on Facebook to a specifically targeted audience (chosen by their age, demographics, such as location, by previous searches, previous likes of businesses similar to your business, so all together as you can see with today’s highly improved tracking tools, one can do wonders online.
Ecommerce and SEO’s expertise:
Some might be confused as to how exactly SEO pairs up with E-commerce and how it can possibly help the other? Well with several tools indeed. Let’s see a few of these tools:
The keywords and the tagging: keywords have an essential role in the placement and the location of the ads. You need to have your ad’s title and text absolutely optimized for the best results. Meta tagging, tagging, description also helps
The content quality: no one is bigger in terms of content than SEO experts and therefore it’s quite important to consult one in order for you to understand what sells your products the best. Under content we also mean overall content of course, which means a quality website, a quality landing page and great quality photos on your ads. Also a professional SEO can also manage and highlight good reviews for your products and help you which were to grow if you want your overall quality to be up to par.
SEO services offer:
- A good backup to your marketing campaigns on ad sites or social media sites
- By using the best ways to track all the places with ads, it can promptly measure which one of the sites do better and why find why.
If you feel you would be in need of ecommerce SEO help, get in touch with a trusted and accomplished SEO professional in your area to learn more on how to raise your online relevance and ROI in the same time.